Coral Cay is located in a narrow channel between Popa Island and Bastimentos Island, very close to Colón Island in Bocas del Toro.
How to arrive
First travel to Colón Island in Bocas del Toro in one of the following forms of transportation:
- Plane: Direct flights are available from Marcos A. Gelabert Airport in Albrook to Bocas del Toro on Colón Island.
- Bus: From the Albrook Mall bus station, there are daily departures at 8:00 p.m. on the fleet of busses that travel the Pan-American Highway.
- Car: Cross the Bridge of the Americas headed west towards the city of David in Chiriquí Province. Before reaching David, turn north at Gualaca. You will traverse spectacularly beautiful landscapes as you cross a mountain range. Once you reach either Chiriquí Grande or Changuinola, you can board a water taxi that will take you to Colón Island.
Once on Colón Island, you can take the following mode of transport to get to Boca del Drago:
- Boat: A local tour operator will give you a boat ride to Coral Cay to go snorkeling or diving.
What to bring
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Observation of tropical fish