Relive the past through one of the most emblematic sites in the province of Colon, the Historic Monumental Complex of Portobelo, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO since 1980. It is a town that will captivate you with its military, civil and cultural buildings. religious that make it unique and that have the prestige of having been the center of world trade through the traditional fairs of the sixteenth to eighteenth centuries. This place keeps the history of attacks by pirates and corsairs, treasures and black slaves that left as a legacy a rich gastronomy and the essence of the colonist culture “the Congo dance.”
- Visit the Customs Museum and the colonial forts.
- Take a boat tour through the Bay of Portobelo and enjoy its beaches.
- Know the Church of San Felipe and the Black Christ.
- Appreciate the Dance of the Congo Dance.
- Taste the coastal gastronomy.