Its old quarter preserves a historic collection of houses, churches, plazas, avenues, and parks, along with an important heritage of museums. Prominent cultural events that they celebrate include Holy Week in Chitré, St. John the Baptist patron saint festival, and Carnival.
The city of Chitré is located 250 km west of Panama City and 37 km from Divisa.
How to arrive
- Car: Take the Pan-American Highway from Panama City to Divisa, turn left at the overpass, and continue straight for another 37 kms to reach Chitré.
- Bus: From the Albrook Grand Station in Panama City, board a bus bound for the terminal in Chitré, Herrera Province.
- Plane:There are also daily flights from Panama City to Chitré.
What to bring
- Water bottle
- Light-weight clothing
- Tour archaeological sites
- Observation of flora and fauna
- Visit museums