- Pullmantur's cruise ship Monarch has been departing every Friday year-round.
- Royal Caribbean's cruise ship Vision of the Seas will pull out on Saturdays during the season of November 2013 until April 2014.
Among the major cruise lines serviced at this port are Millenium by Celebrity Cruises with 2,038 passengers, and Infinity, Coral Princess, and Island Princess. Other important cruise ships are the Wind Star, Regatta, Zuiderdam by Holland America, and Freedom by Carnival Cruise. The big stars of the season at the Home Port of Colón 2000, however, are Pullmantur's Horizon and Royal Caribbean's Grandeur of the Seas.
In addition, the Panamanian company Panama Marine Adventures has a cruise ship named Discovery, with capacity for 24 passengers in 12 cabins and personalized luxury service, that provides service to tourist attractions such as visiting indigenous communities living in the Darién jungle, snorkeling off the Pearl Archipelago, crossing the Panama Canal, and sightseeing at the historic San Lorenzo Fort and Portobelo. Another ship operated by the same company, the Pacific Queen, makes partial or complete (depending on the date) transits of the Canal. Interested parties can contact them at: 1-888-836-0102 or (507) 226-8917.
The company Canal & Bay Tours additionally offers full or half-way Canal crossings, also depending on the date, aboard one of their three (3) boats, La Islamorada, La Fantasía del Mar and El Tuira. If you are interested in this service, they can be reached at: (507) 209-2002.
- Partial crossing through the Gatún Locks
- Duty-free shopping in the Colón Free Zone
- Stop at the Colón 2000 Port
- Purchase souvenirs
- Entrance for passengers, baggage, and cargo in general
- Duty Free area to buy tax-free goods
- Comfortable restrooms
- Rest areas for passengers in transit
- Ample and secure parking lot
How to arrive
- From Panama City
On the Northern Corridor: drive until you reach a sign saying Colón Highway indicating the right hand turn-off. Once on the Colón Highway, you will have to pay a toll at Chilibre.
- On the Pan-American Highway
Take the overpass that leads directly to the city of Colón. Once in Colón, follow Central Avenue, then turn right on 13th Street, where you will see a McDonalds, and continue on to Paseo Gorgas, from where you can see the Port of Colón 2000.
Tel: + 507 447 31 97
Fax: + 507 447 31 97
Location on Google Maps