Salomón Shamah, administrator of the Panama Tourism Authority (ATP), foresees that the project "will promote Panama as a tourist destination," basing his prediction on the influence of building the project in the area of Amador, at the entrance of the Panama Canal on the Pacific side. The Central Square is precisely a symbol for the gates of the Canal that connect the Pacific with the Atlantic Ocean.
Yesterday Shamah signed the contract awarding the building work to the representatives of the HPC-Contrata-P&V S.A. Consortium, comprised of Spanish, Puerto Rican, Costa Rican and Panamanian companies, for the project design, equipment and construction.
Construction of the center should be completed within 18 months, or around mid-2014.
* 4 major separate buildings: Event Center, restaurant, theater, and Exhibition Hall
* Main Plaza
* Festival Plaza
* Amphitheater with capacity for 1,600 people
* Large fountain
* Kitchen (employment of 1,500 people)
* Restaurant with seating for 250 people and a bar for 50 people
* Banquet hall
* Theater with seating for 1,947 people
* Exhibition Hall
* 10 meeting rooms
* Executive offices
* 1,100 parking spaces